UP/C&NW: CPY011/25th Ave/JN Interlocking

(Satellite) Of course, the tower has been replaced by a signalling equipment cabinet.
no Chicago and Northern Indiana Railroad Interlocking Towers

William Shapotkin posted three photos with the comment: "Here are three pix of JN Interlocking (25th Ave in Melrose Park, IL) on the C&NW. Note that (in the interior photo) JN also controlled Vale Interlocking (River Forest) remotely."

Vale is now CPY010 and my 2005 SPV Map shows it is east of a river and west of the River Forest station. So I assume this is it.

1

2

3

I searched for this tower in a 1938 aerialsabout a year ago, but I could not find it. These photos provided better clues as to its location, and I believe I did find it in this image.

Dec 2005 Global Earth
Knowing where it was, it was easy to find it on an older photo.

1938 Aerial Photo from ILHAP



UP/C&NW: CPY011/25th Ave/JN Interlocking UP/C&NW: CPY011/25th Ave/JN Interlocking Reviewed by Unknown on October 21, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.